Saturday, May 21, 2005

Here we go again

I haven't posted in a while, but I've honestly been trying. For reasons beyond my control and for reasons of shear stupidity, I've decided to just start over from scratch.It's kind of hard to explain what happened, but I'll give it a go...

Several nights ago, I was typing a post, and I had been typing for about 45 minutes when I lost the entire thing by accidentally clicking on the "Back" button. I sat there for a moment in disbelief, and after a long groan, I decided to retype the entire thing. After I finished retyping the post, and as I was proof-reading, my cat flew into the office and ran into the powerbar behind my computer desk, knocking the plug loose. As I dove for the plug to make sure it was secure, my computer lost all power!!! I burst into tears, realizing that it was all gone...again!!! For a moment I mourned the sleep that I could have been enjoying since my efforts typing proved to be a waste of time. As I switched to denile mode, I got back on the computer with a glimmer of hope that it was somehow saved. My fears were confirmed, and with much distress, I retired for the night.

The next night, I locked my cat out of the office and attempted to try again. By the third draft, I really knew what I wanted to say and was beginning to memorize the whole thing. :) I finished the post, and published it successfully!!! ...or so I thought. The post was showing up on my interface screen as being published, but never showed up on the website. For two days, I tried everything I could to fix the problem. I e-mailed for blog support help and went through the list of things to try when experiencing difficulties with updating and publishing. All to no avail. Finally, last night I decided to create another blog and move all of my posts to that blog, even though that is really not what I wanted to do. After setting up another blog, I decided to delete it and to just continue to try to find resolution for the old one. So after I deleted the new blog, I clicked on my original blog and it was gone!!! I accidentally deleted the wrong blog, and now not only was the entire last post not even able to be recovered (the one I had already lost twice), but all my other posts were gone too! So after crying and pouting for a little while, I decided to get over it and move on. So what was the lesson: always save posts somewhere else in case they are lost. At least I will NEVER make that mistake again...So, here we go again!

No comments: