Sunday, September 11, 2005

Bump, Set...Spike!

I just got back from camping all weekend, and what a blast! Those of you who know me know that I love camping and most sports! We were at Lincoln State Park in Lincoln City IN (way down by Jasper), and the park was beautiful. God's creation is always beautiful! Although I wouldn't call this REAL camping-we slept in cabins. None the less, I was with tons of friends and we had a blast! I must say that one of the things I look forward to most when I camp is being able to play some volleyball. I get way too psyched about it and I finally figured out why this weekend-I only get to play two or three times a year, so I soak up all I can! One of the regrets I have was that I didn't pursue playing in high school. I let way too many girls initimidate me. I was also a softball junkie in high school, and devoted most of my to pitching. I still love softball too, but nothings like playing fast pitch...something that's just not available for recreation.

I went camping in late July/early August of this year, and we spent three or four hours playing volleyball on that Saturday...I was so sore the next morning I could hardly move-but it was worth every bit of it! It was at that campout that I realized something had changed...I was shocked to find out how much weight-lifting had improved my serve! I think I'll keep lifting! So anyway, I woke up this morning as usual the day after a good hard day of volleyball-SORE! But I'm excited because the light bulb went off...I can join a league in Indy! So sometime soon, I'll be looking into that! How fun!

1 comment:

Niki said...

Yep! There's nothing like fastpitch softball! I've been playing since 7th grade! LOVE IT!! You should join a league in Indy! I'll give you a call tomorrow night, or you can call me when you have time to chat. I miss you!

Camping??? YUK! Holiday Inn for me baby!