Saturday, July 12, 2008

What if...I'm Pretending?

What if the defintion of pretending is to deceive or give a false appearance? What if pretending can fool men but can't fool God? What if it's true that we are known by our fruits? What if Jesus was right in saying that not everyone who calls them their Lord will enter Heaven? (Matt 7:21) What if Satan wants me to believe I can sin and get away with it? What if God is not only a God of love and forgiveness, but also a God of justice and wrath?

What if it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God? (Heb 10:31) What if my love for the things of this world reveal that I do not belong to Christ? (1 John 2:15) What if I should really examine myself to see if I am truly in the faith? (2 Cor 13:5) What if I have not honestly been broken over my sins against God and completely surrendered to the Lordship of Jesus Christ? What if I have broken God's commandments thousands of times without even caring that it spits in the face of God? What if God holds me accountable for every lie, every lustful thought, and every time I felt hatred toward a person? What if God considers my lust to be adultery and my hatred to be murder? (Matt 5:28, 1 Jn 3:15) What if I'm actually ignoring the God who gives me my every breath? What if I don't see myself as an enemy of God (because of my sin) who deserves nothing but eternity in hell? What if God does not desire for me to go to hell, and made a way for me to be forgiven? What if God took my punishment by dying on the cross in the person of Jesus Christ for my sins? What if this conviction in my heart is begging me to truly repent and put my faith in Jesus Christ alone to save me?

What if God had me read this for a reason? What if I'm pretending...

http://www.whatifimpretending.com/

No comments: