Sunday, October 08, 2006

26

Well, today is my 26th birthday. Birthdays are nice...I always get to spend some time with family and have some fun. As I think about this last year, I see alot of things that God has been doing in my heart. I have to be honest and say that I never expected to still be in school at age 26 (unless it was graduate school!), and I never expected to still be single. But I know that God's plan is so much better than mine, and I can see more and more how He uses some of my "disappointments" to do an even greater work in my heart, calling me to a more intimate relationship with Him and preparing me for what's in store in the next season of my life.

One of the presents that my parents got me was gold circle seating to the Casting Crowns concert last night!!! My mother and father and Kelly went with me. We got such good seats and had just an awesome time of fun and worship. John David Webster opened for them and was great too. I was a big concert goer before I became a believer, and everytime I go to a Christian concert it reminds me of the vast difference between secular and Christian concerts. I've had good times at secular concerts and have seen so many talented bands, but it doesn't really come close the spiritual and usually emotional experience I have when I go to Christian concerts and worship my Creator with the band and everyone else there.

As I thought, the pictures didn't much turn out. I was hoping to get to see them after the concert like I did the last time, but the band had leave right after the show to make it back to their hometown for church this morning. I love that about Casting Crowns. No matter how big their fan base has gotten, no matter how many records they have sold, Mark Hall and the band are still committed to the job they had before this whole thing began-youth ministry. They are at their home church every Sunday, no matter where they tour. What an awesome heart for our youth! I love youth ministers-they are so vital in the body of Christ in shaping our youth (and they're usually pretty fun and goofy to hang out with!). Here's a picture of everyone worshipping at the concert...


 Posted by Picasa

And here's Kelly and I goofing around after the concert...


 Posted by Picasa

We had so much fun hanging out afterwards and just sharing what God's been doing with each of us this last week. I'm so grateful for her and her encouragement. It's so awesome to share hearts with brothers and sisters in Christ and have them relate and share on such a deep level. God knew what He was doing-people need people. That's just how He made us.

Today was a good day. The message at church was a good and challenging one, and Kelly and I went out to lunch and picked up some of my favorite ice cream. :) Unfortunately, the evening has been filled with studying since I have an exam tomorrow. I'm optimistic it will pay off though!

1 comment:

liz gibbs said...

Hey girl. Happy Birthday. Mine was Oct 10. My day was good also. i took the week off from work so I did not have to be at a place I hate on my birthday. I got to spent alot of time with Chris Robey and our youth group. The whole week was awesome. It was how God wanted me to spend the day and week.

Liz gibbs (Zenith)